when we heal the earth, we heal ourselves. david orr

Alicia on The Mike Nowak Show

Chicago horticulture expert Mike Nowak invited me on his radio show to discuss Earth Hour. LISTEN HERE. I'm about 3/4 of the way into the recording.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Free Pass to Chicago's Green Festival This Weekend

Hello my pretties. The work week is winding down and you're probably finalizing plans for the weekend. Make CHICAGO'S ANNUAL GREEN FESTIVAL one of your stops on Saturday or Sunday. Weather is going to be sunny and warm. It's the perfect start to the Spring/Summer season and I've got your FREE PASS to the festival. Just follow the link and print out the flyer for access to the green event of the year.

Chicago's Green Festival showcases green organizations and companies on the forefront of the green revolution. You'll get to sample a ton of new products, check out the latest sustainable designs, and hear from leading experts in the green community.

A Facebook friend asked me to recommend a few speakers, so I've made a selection of events and people I'm excited about.

Saturday
  • Rooftops and Treetops- Urban Agriculture Projects Working Together, 11am, Rm 317
  • The Smart Home- Green Plus Wired, 11am, Rm 319-329
  • Envisioning a Sustainable and Robust Food System for the Chicago Region, 4pm, Rm 318
  • Worms Ate My Garbage! (composting how-to session), 4pm, Green Homes Pavilion
  • Screening of 2012 TIME FOR CHANGE, 5-7pm, Main Stage
Sunday
  • Solar 101, 12pm, Green Homes Pavilion
  • Finding Your Career in the Green Economy, 1pm, Main Stage
  • My Week on a Fair Trade Rice Farm, 1pm, Fair Trade Pavilion
  • Green Literacy- Planting the Seeds of Change, 12pm Rm 318
  • Social Media for Social Good, 3pm, Rm 317
I'll be at Chicago's Green Festival Saturday and Sunday to film for EcoChicago. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment