when we heal the earth, we heal ourselves. david orr

Alicia on The Mike Nowak Show

Chicago horticulture expert Mike Nowak invited me on his radio show to discuss Earth Hour. LISTEN HERE. I'm about 3/4 of the way into the recording.

Monday, February 8, 2010

VIDEO: First EcoChat a Success

Thanks to everyone who tuned in for EcoChat tonight. I had a great time connecting with MS. SHOPPING GOLIGHTLY and Ms. Modern Mommy as they helped us navigate the thrift world. They are truly experts in their field and passed on many excellent pieces of advice.

We had some wonderful green leaders in the crowd including:

-Jasmine McAllister, MODERN HIPPIE MAGAZINE, @modernhippiemag, @MsJaszy
-Sandra Mendoza-Daly, DEBUTANTE CLOTHING, @SandraD
-Bianca Alexander, CONSCIOUS PLANET MEDIA, @ConsciousTV
-Dorothee Royal, ORGANIC NATION TV, @OrganicNation
-Jessa Brinkmeyer, PIVOT ECO FASHION, @PivotEcoFashion

...and I'm sure others who I didn't realize were watching. Thank you not only to the viewers, but those ecogeeks who helped me get the word out on Twitter and the blogosphere.

If you missed the show, check out a highlight reel from our Q&A session, provided courtesy of Vokle.

Stay tuned to find out who our next guest will be for EcoChat on February 22.

7 comments:

Hillary Johnson said...

Congratulations on an awesome first show Alicia! You're really helping get the word out to shift the way people think.

EcoChicago said...

Thanks, Hillary! I'm glad you were able to join us!

Dorothee Royal said...

Great job on your first show Alicia! I really liked the Vokle platform as well, what a neat tool. Would be fun to eventually do a show about sustainable eating!

MsJaszy said...

So glad to be a part of a very cool event! The Vokle application is very impressive and easy to navigate. Congrats on pulling it all together so nicely.

Eco-beauty is such a slippery slope, but could be a very interesting show series.

Also, I agree with Dorothee that a sustainable eating show, perhaps with a "green" chef, would make for a good show as well.

shant k said...

Definitely a successful first event, you did a fantastic job being the Host. Definitely one of the most put together events that I've seen. I look forward to the next event, kudos Alicia!

EcoChicago said...

Thank you to everyone who has commented. I'm very interested in developing a show about sustainable eating. I will move forward with that. I appreciate everyone's support and enthusiasm. What a great community!

Lisa G. said...

I've heard a lot about "locavores" lately and I'd love to see how someone in Chicago lives this lifestyle. Great chat, can't wait for the next one!!

Post a Comment