when we heal the earth, we heal ourselves. david orr

Alicia on The Mike Nowak Show

Chicago horticulture expert Mike Nowak invited me on his radio show to discuss Earth Hour. LISTEN HERE. I'm about 3/4 of the way into the recording.

Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm Moving...HELP!

I'll soon be moving across town to a much more impressive pad with Erik...my Lincoln Park studio wasn't cutting it any more. Although I'm really excited about the move, I'm also concerned about making the transition as eco-friendly as possible. During college I was always disgusted by the amount of waste everyone created when moving out at the end of the year. People would throw away expensive furniture, appliances, etc. because they didn't make the time to dispose of them more responsibly. I don't want to fall in that trap. Do you have any ideas to share?

Things to recycle:
-mattress
-unwanted clothing
-...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work at a mental health facility, and there are always people in the community that need both of those things. Try donating them to any kind of human resources agency, shelter, or church. This goes for just about anything you might need to get rid of. Donating usable electronics to someplace like goodwill allows you to write it off on your taxes for 1/2 of the original purchase price.

Happy Movings!

Antonio said...

You should try FREECYCLE or the Free spot on Craiglist!

moving company rating said...

As far as moving, packing, pack like things together then the lists that your bf is making won't be soooo needed. If you know this small box is paperbacks, or kitchen utinsels, it will be easier.

Post a Comment