when we heal the earth, we heal ourselves. david orr

Alicia on The Mike Nowak Show

Chicago horticulture expert Mike Nowak invited me on his radio show to discuss Earth Hour. LISTEN HERE. I'm about 3/4 of the way into the recording.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm Back

It's. Been. Too. Long.

I haven't updated in a bit, but there's something about an achy winter cold and the putrid smell of oil-tinted sink water bubbling up from unknown depths (pipes froze) that doesn't evoke the creative writing spirit.

Before:





After:



I know, it was disgusting. Now that things are turning around, you should expect more from me. As someone totally green to the green movement, I've been taking baby steps in my transition. As you might imagine, recycling is my first step. In the weeks since my first posting, I've amassed an impressive heap of plastic and paper on my kitchen floor. Now it's time to sort it out and figure out where to take it. That will be the topic of my first video. I want to help other people figure out the process, so I'm making a "How to recycle in Chicago" video. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Yana said...

Wow that indeed is repulsive. You did a great job cleaning it up. That reminds me of an issue I have. One of my 'going green' initiatives has been to switch to environmentally friendly household cleaners that are biodegradable. They look pretty and smell nice and make me feel good about myself - but they don't clean nearly as well as disgusting old bleach. Do you have any recommendations on household products that would do both?

G Man said...

A little elbow grease will help and is totally great for the environment. Nice site...

Post a Comment